The Mystic Menagerie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for readers of the bizarre magick e-zine, The Mystic Menagerie.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We Need Bodies!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig Browning

Craig Browning

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:01 am

While this isn't my forum it is OUR forum which means that we need to generate a bit of excitement pertaining to the forum itself as well as the eZine attached to it -- get more serious voices and thus, activity here so as to give our host(s) incentive to push forward on things... maybe placing a link in our signature on other forums for a week, as an invitation to other BIZARRIST.

The Bizarre Community is relatively small, but at the same time there is a rather significant well from which to pull from; not everyone out there wants to do clean & safe Walt Disney magic. This is especially proven by way of the "trend" generated through the Blaine & Angel shows where a darker or even spiritual like intrigue are sewn into their programs. Then we have those that love "shock" and "gross" magic; self-mutilation, bugs of various sorts popping up here and there, etc.

To some extent the Bizarre Community also includes a small facet of the Mentalist community; primarily those that lean more towards the "Old School" thinking vs. the hyped modes of money grabbing & clinical formats offered by elitists; those that want to embrace the facade-lies tied to "science" (and seem to ignore the fact that a Lie is a Lie and performance image, just that.)

I know, I know... it's a personal pet peeve and part of a very
long issue within mentalism (dating back to at least the late 1800s) --
Magicians who loathe anything "esoteric" vs. those of us that understand
and seek to sustain the actual roots of magic and keeping it as
MAGICK
Wink

Of course the other thing WE need to do is simply have some interaction here, on the forum. . . actually make a commitment to be involved.
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:53 pm

I agree!

I posted a topic About this forum on the Dutch Bizarre Magick Forum, but I’m afraid that not a lot of Belgian or Dutch colleagues will join this forum. I also think that the holidays are to blame for less interaction.
Back to top Go down
http://toveracademie.be/magisterv.html
Craig Browning

Craig Browning

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 am

One other thing that MUST GET DONE ASAP is to fix the board... you can't see where a log-in tab is... well, it's a pain in the butt to navigate for some reason, which is going to be a huge turn-off... something I didn't think of earlier but not being able to reply to your comment just now, not being able to easily log back on without guessing which tab would be appropriate, etc. ... well, let's just say that I might be jumping the gun with my zeal; things need to get fixed before a big push is made.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 am

I'm trying to work on that one Craig. The skin this forum uses fits in with the feel of the magazine, but the navigation bits are odd to say the least, it was originally the arabic looking ones which causes more confusion!

I will experiment with changing the whole look of the forum, it may be less visually appealing, but easier to navigate.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticmenagerie.rpg-board.net
Craig Browning

Craig Browning

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 am

Admin wrote:
I'm trying to work on that one Craig. The skin this forum uses fits in with the feel of the magazine, but the navigation bits are odd to say the least, it was originally the arabic looking ones which causes more confusion!

I will experiment with changing the whole look of the forum, it may be less visually appealing, but easier to navigate.

This at least navigates easier... nice DEEP hypnotic blue... What a Face

I'll do some checking around for you, I might be able to find something more appropriate...
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:51 am

There are other free templates like Harry Potter etc. on this forum. We have some examples on the Dutch Bizarre Magick Forum. If you want I can make some print screens and mail them to you.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks Vincent, I would appreciate that!
Back to top Go down
https://mysticmenagerie.rpg-board.net
Vincent

Vincent

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 pm

You got mail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We Need Bodies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need Bodies!   We Need Bodies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Need Bodies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Menagerie :: Bizarre Chat :: Forum Suggestions-
Jump to: